Space Transport Specialist & Bountey Hunter. Played by Matt Holmquist
Owner and Captain of the “Freeman’s Demise”. Honorary knight of Garadorn & Barnaba
“Who’s in trouble now? Fine, but there had better be some money involved.”
INITIAL PLOT HOOK: Starian was roped in through a series of unfortunate events. He and his ship, the “Freeman’s Demise” was stuck on Tallaan, caught in a bind with the docking authorities. His employer, Gugorra the Hutt, had left him high and dry in the spaceport with out docking fees. He needed to get a paying job to get him out. Lucky for him, an Ambassador and a local noble had need of transport into Mecetti space. He didn’t traditionally take on passengers, unless they were accompanying cargo or they were prisoners awaiting bounty collection, but since he had a need, and they had the cash, he made an exception.
NOT A REBEL FRIEND: At one time, Starian was involved with a growing rebellious cell of fighter pilots in the region (prior to the Rebel Alliance Treaty). When his daughter was kidnapped, things changed. In his attempts to get his daughter back, the rebels he was working with refused to help in. In his rage, he used his bounty hunter contacts and turned in a few of the rebels. The local rebel cells know of him and consider him a traitor. Since then, Starian has worked with the Empire, simply because the money was good.
PELLA HERO: While on Pella, Starian saved the life of the Themion Hejaran and foiled a dark plot hatched by Lady Brigta Hejaran, which earned him an honorary title of Knight with in Garadorn.
THE BOY & HIS DAUGHTER: Once he found out about the true nature of the Will of Hejaran, Starian felt compelled to find this lost boy. What he didn’t know was just how close it would bring him to his own child.
TALLAAN HERO: While on Tallaan, Starian became the hero again when he saved Lord Calamand from an assassination attempt and then lead the rescue attempt when JAN terrorists assaulted the Grand Ball and took hostages.
BAG’LAR AND THE BLACK SUN: Starian double-crossed Bag’lar years ago, and the self-proclaimed “Vigo” of the Black Sun hasn’t forgotten. However, new information acquired from Sorad indicates that “Baggie” has gone outside the Black Sun to make a little profit. While the Black Sun is struggling to regain footage in the Tapani region, Bag’lar used his resources to arrange a smuggling run of special “spice”, behind the backs of Hutts who already had established smuggling routes in the system. Bag’lar is in fact using smuggling route that belong Gugorra the Hutt. These routes are intended to be decoys for the real spice Gugorra was smuggling, but Bag’lar arranged for the real routes to be targeted by authorities while his special “spice” gets through. It is known who is supplying the special “spice” shipments.
THE FORGOTTEN MISTAKES: While searching for the Red Bacta, Starian and Drakka followed the path of Duke Norak-Von to an abandoned city platform where they expected to find a hidden smuggler stronghold. What they found was a trap. Hordes of mutated draconic creatures attacked them. Drakka escaped. Starian did not. He was captured and knocked out. Upon awakening, he realized that these creatures – some kind of mutated mistakes of some dark process – needed him to help them escape the city. There was a trap, but it wasn’t them. It was an explosive set to dispose of the “mistakes” and an equally pressing problem – Starian himself. Because of their mutations, they were unable to open a sealed door that would lead to the way out. Starian helped them escape, and they helped him try to return to his comrades. They vowed to all retun the favor when he needed them.
His return was interrupted by a group of mercs who were sent to sweep-up after the explosion. These mercs sold Starian to slavers. Fortunately (or unfortunately) someone else was keeping tabs on the slaveer underground also – Gugorra the Hutt. Gugorra later bought him out of slavery.
GUGORRA THE HUTT & BUSINESS: Gugorra holds his daughter hostage while Starian does his dirty work. The motivation behind this is unknown, but like many Hutts, few know his motivations. Some would just say that the Hutt likes to have a puppet he can control.
SIGNIFICANT NPCs to Starian
- (daughter) – Conceived in an night of passion, she was raised by her mother with occasional visits from her father. When her mother died, he became responsible, but before he could claim her, Gugorra the Hutt’s cronies kidnapped her. Gugorra the Hutt held her as part of a deal with Starian, using it as his motivation to work for him and make the Hutt money.
- Kierra Beyard (dead) – smuggler and con-artist. Died when a routine legal cargo transfer went wrong, destroying her ship. Kelphis has always harbored the notion that his wife’s death may have not been an accident.
- Kena Beyard
- Gugorra the Hutt –
- Kradan Bag’Lar – “Vigo” of the Black Sun. He developed a strong vendetta against Starian. After Starian’s daughter was captured, Gugorra forced Starian to turn over some of Bag’Lar’s more profitable routes and work exclusively for the Hutt. Information has recently arisen about Bag’Lar that might bring Starian some leverage against him.
- Stl’eren Keeb (dead) – “Messenger” from Bag’Lar who wanted to “talk”. He apparently had some inside information that Starian would have been interested in. However, Keeb and his associates were killed on Port Bianco, Danju.
- Lady Varin Arabella of Barnaba – Young Lady that hosted the Grand Ball on Tallaan. Considers Starian a hero for saving her and her guests from the JAN terrorists.
- Lord Xenthos Calamand – Saved his life twice. Calamand trusts Starian and is a close contact for him.